If you will be taking the May 2019 Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Board Exam, please find below your PRC Room Assignments and designated testing centers for the following locations:
- Cagayan de Oro (CDO)
These exam venues were released by the organization authorized to administer all licensure exams in the Philippines, the Professional Regulation Commission or PRC.
You can find them by scrolling towards the bottom of this page. But please note: If you find that the CPA Room Assignments are not yet viewable, make sure to view this page daily and to bookmark it so you’ll be the first to know once updates to this page, especially with regards to your designated testing center, have been published!
Aside from your board exam room assignments, you will also find on this page the requirements to be able to take your exam, its syllabus or coverage, and best of all, exam tips so you can pass!
Thus, don’t forget to read all of the information and tips we’ve prepared for you here. Each piece of information here will surely help you pass the May 2019 CPA Board Exam so you can soon become a licensed accountant!
Table of Contents
Get Updates about Your CPA Board Exam Room Assignments
We publish updates as soon as they are released by the PRC! To be updated about the CPA board exam room assignments, exam results, and other announcements, make sure to:
- Regularly visit the Philippine Board Exam website
- Like the Philippine Board Exam Results Facebook page:
Date and Time of the CPA Board Exam
The May 2019 CPA Board Exam will be held on May 12, 19-20, 2019.
It will start at 7 A.M. on the first day and end at 4 P.M. on the last day.
Despite this start time, please note that you are required to be in your designated PRC room assignment at an earlier time. You can see this and all the licensure exam requirements below.
CPA Board Exam Requirements
1. Do not be late. Late examinees will NOT be admitted. On the first day of your Board Exam, examinees should be at the testing venue by 6:30 a.m.
2. Make sure to read and follow all the instructions in your Examinee’s Kit and Notice of Admission (NOA).
What You are Allowed to Bring
You must remember to bring these items with you on the day/s of your licensure exam:
- Notice of Admission (NOA)
- Official Receipt
- Two (2) or more Pencils (No. 2)
- One (1) metered-stamped window mailing envelope
- One (1) long, transparent plastic envelope (for safekeeping of valuables)
- One (1) Long-size brown envelope
What You are NOT Allowed to Bring
Make sure that you do NOT bring the following items as they are prohibited in the exam premises:
- Calculators which are programmable or with embedded functions especially CASIO FX991ES and CASIO FX-991ES Plus;
- Books, notes, review materials, and other printed materials;
- Apple, Samsung and other smart watches, cellular phones, bluetooth, ear plugs, transmitters, portable computers and other electronic gadgets/devices;
- Bags of any kind (ladies bag, shoulder bags, attache case, backpacks, etc.);
- Pens / ball pens (no longer allowed);
- Other examination aids not stated in the program.
Bringing any of these items can serve as grounds for exam disqualification!
Dress Code for your Board Exam
Please keep in mind that there is a required Dress Code that you must follow on the day/s of your exam.
The Dress Code is as follows:
- For Males – White polo shirt with collar (without any seal, logo, or mark), decent pants or slacks
- For Females –White blouse or shirt with collar (without any seal, logo, or mark), decent slacks or skirt
Skills and Competencies
A graduate of the Bachelor of Science in Accounting program must have attained the following skills and competencies:
- General Knowledge
- Has an international perspective and appreciates different cultures
- Proficient in English
- Adaptable to foreign business practices
- Trainable and capable in dealing with foreign partners
- Organizational and Business Knowledge:
- Knowledge of macro-environmental, economic and industry issues, business process structures, functions and practices
- With core knowledge in economics, quantitative methods and business statistics, international business, ethics and corporate governance
- Information technology (IT) Knowledge:
- Conversant with IT concepts for business systems and internal control in computer-based systems, management of the adoption, implementation and use of IT, evaluation of computer business systems, and managing the security of information
- Accounting and Finance Knowledge:
- Has core accounting knowledge of private and government setting and international accounting/financial reporting and auditing standards, cost management and management accounting, recent tax laws and business and commercial laws
- Knowledge of corporate finance and the Philippine capital markets, professional ethics and environmental accounting and reporting
- Intellectual Skills:
- Ability to carry out abstract logical thinking, critical thinking, creative thinking, and reasoning skills for discovery of a rule or principle underlying the relationship between two or more objects and applying it when solving a problem
- Communication Skills:
- Listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively one’s points of view, both orally and in writing, at all organizational levels
As these are the skills and competencies of that are expected of accountants, make sure you possess these!
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Board Exam Coverage
Speaking of topics that will show up in your board exam, you must keep in mind that your exam will cover all of the following topics and subjects:
- Regulatory Framework for Business Transactions (RFBT)
- Management Advisory Services (MAS)
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR)
- Advanced Financial Accounting and Reporting (AFAR)
As the exam is divided into sections made up of each major subject above, don’t forget to set aside time to study all these — and each and every subtopic within these subjects!
Tips and Best Practices: How to Pass the CPA Board Exam
Now that you know what you must study for your licensure exam, you must be asking yourself these questions:
What is the best and most effective way to study all these exam topics?
How can I increase my chances of passing the board exam?
No need to worry because on this section, we will share with you the top tips and best practices on how you can pass your board exam!
We have divided them into two (2) sections, namely:
- Before the exam (how to effectively study); and
- On the day of the exam
Most of these came from actual board exam passers who have experienced what you are (and will be) going through as your exam date draws near. So make sure you read and implement them so you can increase your chances of passing the exam!
Study Tips for the CPA Board Exam
1. Nothing beats getting tips from those who took the same board exam that you will soon be taking yourself.
This is why to start off, we share with you ten (1o) of the top tips and best practices collected from those who actually took — and passed! — the CPA Licensure Exam (CPALE)!
Learn the very best techniques that currently practicing CPAs used, such as:
- Being a CPA starts in the mind
- Tips how to study Financial Accounting
- Practice answering problems randomly
Remember, these came from people who are currently working at your desired job. By following these techniques, they passed the exam and are now living your dream career!
Want to follow suit? Make sure to read all of their best tips here: How to Pass the CPA Board Exam: TOP 10 TIPS!
2. Study smarter not harder.
What does this mean exactly? And more importantly, how can you truly “study smarter” and not harder?
Here are additional information about this useful tip: 6 Study Tips So You’ll Pass the Board Exam. In this article, six (6) ways were identified in order for an examinee to be able to study harder, namely:
- Spaced Practice (Do NOT cram)
- Interleaving (Switch between topics)
- Elaboration (Understand how topics connect with each other)
- Concrete Examples (Use examples for better understanding)
- Dual Coding (Use verbal and visual learning materials)
- Retrieval Practice (Try to remember what you just studied)
If you implement these study tips as you prepare for the CPA Board Exam, you will surely fare better and get a higher score!
So, if you want to understand these study techniques better — and to be able to watch a video explaining them! — make sure to click: 6 Study Tips So You’ll Pass the Board Exam
3. Our last source comes from Knowledge Plus, where they share not just study tips but also MISTAKES that examinees commit when trying to study!
In their article, they highlight 10 mistakes that you should avoid as well as 10 techniques to be able to correct those mistakes and study better.
Some of these mistakes involve:
- Assuming that learning is fast
- Believing that multitasking is easy, especially during class or studying
- Relying too much on your instructors to prepare you
Some of the study tips, on the other hand, are:
- Discover your learning style
- Start a study group
- Get enough sleep
If you are interested to learn what these mistakes and study techniques are, click: How to Study for Boards: Avoid these 10 Common Mistakes PLUS 10 Tips and Strategies
Preparation Tips Before and During the Exam
Ironically enough, our best tip to enable you to be in the best condition on the day of your exam is one that should be implemented days before your exam.
That tip is: Make sure that you actually visit your exam venue and PRC room assignment DAYS BEFORE your exam date.
This is so you can be 100% sure where and how to go to your designated exam venue.
Doing this enables you to:
- Avoid being late (or lost!) on the day of your exam
- Estimate the number of hours or minutes it will take to get to your testing center
- See how bad traffic is on the way to your exam venue
- Experience multiple routes so you can see which one is best to take
- Attain peace of mind, knowing that you already know the best and fastest way to reach your PRC room assignment on the day of your exam
Given how horrible and unpredictable traffic is these days, you must do this, especially since you are required to be at your exam venue by 6:30 AM.
Remember, being late can serve as grounds for exam disqualification. So don’t let all your hard work studying go to waste. Make sure to visit your room assignment beforehand!
CPA Room Assignment: May 2019 Certified Public Accountant Board Exam
Now that you are aware of all the requirements, guidelines, and tips to pass, please find below your May 2019 CPA Room Assignment.
(When viewing the PDF file of your exam venue below, please make sure that it has been downloaded completely. If the PDF file fails to load, just refresh this page.)
MANILA CPA Exam Room Assignment – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the CPALE May 2019 in Manila.
MANILA (REMOVALS) CPA Exam Room Assignment – Now Released!
MANILA (PWD) CPA Exam Room Assignment – Now Released!
BAGUIO CPA Exam Room Assignment – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the CPALE May 2019 in Baguio City.
CDO CPA Exam Room Assignment – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the CPALE May 2019 in Cagayan de Oro City.
CEBU CPA Exam Room Assignment – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the CPALE May 2019 in Cebu City.
DAVAO CPA Exam Room Assignment – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the CPALE May 2019 in Davao City.
ILOILO CPA Exam Room Assignment – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the CPALE May 2019 in Iloilo City.
LEGAZPI CPA Exam Room Assignment – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the CPALE May 2019 in Legazpi City.
TACLOBAN CPA Exam Room Assignment – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the CPALE May 2019 in Tacloban.
TUGUEGARAO CPA Exam Room Assignment – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the CPALE May 2019 in Tuguegarao.
Get Updates about Your CPA Room Assignment
If you find that the May 2019 CPA Board Exam Room Assignments are not yet available, don’t fret; it simply means that the PRC is not yet ready to publish them. So just check back here daily to see if they have finalized it already.
More importantly, we publish updates as soon as they are released by the PRC! To be updated about the CPA board exam room assignments, exam results, and other announcements, make sure to: