You can now find below all these updates about the results of the CPA Licensure Exam (CPALE) 2019:
- CPA Board Exam Results (Oct 2019) and Passers List
- Best Performing School
These exam results and list of passers are specifically for those who took the CPA Board Exam last October 5, 6, 12, 2019. They were provided by the supreme authority for all licensure exams, the Professional Regulation Commission or PRC.
You can find them by scrolling towards the bottom of this page. But if you find there that the exam results are not yet available, please make sure to bookmark and visit this page every day so you’ll be able to see once it gets updated with the passers list!
On top of your board exam results, you will also find on this page the next steps you should take if you passed, your career opportunities, job openings, your expected average salary as a newly licensed professional, organizations you can join, and how you can maintain your PRC license.
So make sure you read all of the content and information we’ve compiled for you! All these will help you maximize your employment opportunities as a newly licensed PRC professional in the field of accounting.
Table of Contents
Get Updates about Your Board Exam
We post updates as soon as they are made available by the PRC! To be updated about the CPA board exam results, announcements, and other news, make sure to:
- Regularly visit the Philippine Board Exam website
- Like the Philippine Board Exam Results Facebook page:
Your Next Steps: What to Do if You Passed the CPA Board Exam
If you find from one of the links below that you passed the CPA Licensure Exam (CPALE), then…
CONGRATULATIONS! You are now an accountant!
We trust that all your hard work, sacrifices, and effort have paid off. Great job to you!
Having said our congratulations to you, we now have to point out that you have two (2) immediate next steps:
1. Register for Your PRC ID.
To formalize your becoming a duly licensed professional, make sure that you apply and register for your PRC ID.
Aside from ensuring your standing as a licensed professional, your PRC ID also doubles as a widely accepted valid ID that you can show to banks and financial institutions when applying for bank accounts, credit cards, loans, and other banking products. The same can be said when you need an ID to show government institutions for whatever required purpose.
It’s a very useful ID so make sure you get it!
You may find here the simple procedure detailing how to get it: PRC Online Registration: How to register for your PRC ID (Requirements, Steps, Help)
2. Verify Your Board Exam Rating.
What is your total score? What score did you get in each section of your board exam?
If you want to know these information, then make sure to check your actual board exam score online. Just like for number one above, the process to do that is simple!
You may find here the procedure detailing how to verify your board exam rating online.
In the following sections, you will soon learn valuable information related to your profession: Your various career paths, employment opportunities, average salary estimates, and PRC license responsibilities.
We are sure that you will find all these helpful so please feel free to read them and learn as much information as you can about your new profession!
Functions of a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
What specific functions or roles can you perform as a licensed accountant? If you join a company, what roles and responsibilities might management assign to you?
The scope of practice of accounting involves the following:
- Analyzing and investigating annual and monthly financial accounts
- Instituting effective financial and administrative controls for the protection of assets
- Preparing financial reports for business and management decisions
- Undertaking financial administration, financial forecasting and risk analysis
- Preparing reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
- Interacting with managerial staff, colleagues and clients
- Negotiating business terms with clients and associated organizations
- Developing and managing financial systems and policies and prescribing adherence to managerial policies
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation
- Performing vital roles in the effective management of the business
Career Opportunities in Accounting
Given all of the functions of an accountant that have been stated above, there are numerous fields that serve as career opportunities for CPAs.
Specific jobs vary widely among the four major fields of accountancy: public practice, commerce and industry, government, and education. Examples of these are:
- Public Practice: Audit Staff, Tax Staff, Management Services/Consulting Staff
- Commerce and Industry: Financial Accounting & Reporting Staff, Management Accounting Staff, Tax Accounting Staff, Internal Audit Staff, Financial Analyst, Budget Analyst, Credit Analyst, Cost Accountant
- Government: State Accounting Examiner, State Accountant, LGU Accountant, Revenue Officer, Audit Examiner, Budget Analyst, Financial Services Specialist
- Education: Junior Accounting Instructor
- Public Practice: Audit Manager, Tax Manager, Consulting Manager
- Commerce and Industry: Comptroller, Senior Information Systems Auditor, Senior Fraud Examiner, Senior Forensic Auditor
- Government: State Accountant V, Director III and Director IV, Government Accountancy and Audit, Financial Services Manager, Audit Services Manager, Senior Auditor
- Education: Senior Faculty, Accounting Department Chair
- Public Practice: Partner, Senior Partner, Senior Consultant/Financial Advisor
- Commerce and Industry: Chief Financial Officer, Chief Information Officer
- Government: National Treasurer, Vice President for Finance/CFO (for GOCCs), Commissioner, Associate Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner, (COA, BIR, BOC)
- Education: Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dean
So, given your standing as a newly licensed CPA, which career opportunity would you prefer?
Average Salary of Accountants
To determine the average salary of a fresh graduate, entry-level employee in your chosen profession, we present you with two (2) sources. We hope these give you an idea of how much you will be earning as you start out as a CPA!
1. Salary of an Accountant (from SalaryExplorer)
Given the data points that they have collected, SalaryExplorer indicates that the average monthly salary of an entry-level accountant is: PHP 14,575
This salary figure typically includes housing, transportation, and other benefits offered by local employers.
This might seem small at first but as you progress and rise up the ranks, you’ll be glad to see that as a CPA with 20+ years of experience, your average monthly salary will rise to: PHP 49,075
Click to find more information on SalaryExplorer’s average salary for accountants.
2. Salary of an Accountant (from PayScale)
On the other hand, the data that PayScale has gathered reveals that the average monthly salary of an accountant is: PHP 20,601
In the beginning, this might appear low for you. But as you gain more years of experience and get promoted, you’ll find that as an experienced CPA, your average monthly salary will increase to: PHP 32,500
Click to find more information on PayScale’s average salary for accountants.
Though the figures shared above may be different, we hope that this at least gives you an idea of how much your salary will be as you start and eventually progress throughout your career!
Job Opportunities for Accountants
If you are looking for CPA employment opportunities, then you’ll be glad to know that there are numerous job vacancies for you!
1. Accountant Job Openings (from JobStreet)
A quick look at Jobstreet reveals more than 1,200 job openings for CPAs, both here in the Philippines and abroad. Lucky you!
The first Jobstreet job opening available to you has the following details:
- Job title: Chartered Accountant
- Company: JDEC ENGINEERING CONSTRUCTION CO / LIFEWOOD DATA TECHNOLOGY LTD
- Location: Cebu City
Click here to see all job opportunities for accountants from JobStreet.
2. Accountant Job Openings (from Indeed)
On the other hand, if we take a look at job openings for CPAs at Indeed, we find there 2,300+ vacancies for you, too! These companies are based not just in Metro Manila but also in various cities all over the Philippines (and all over the world!) as well.
The job opening at the top of the list of Indeed has these details:
- Job title: Associate Accountant
- Company: Microchip Technology
- Location: Laguna City
Click here to see all job opportunities for accountants from Indeed.
These two sources are just the start. You can find more job openings from:
- The classified ads of major newspapers
- Job fairs held at your school
- Job fairs held by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)
- The DOLE’s own website for job openings, PhilJobNet
- Your network; ask your friends and family if they know of any job openings for your profession!
Make sure to apply for as many jobs as you can — but don’t forget that the job openings you choose to apply for should one day enable you to attain the career path you chose for yourself above!
Professional Organizations for Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
Don’t just look for jobs as you start your career. Make sure to seek out and be a member of accredited organizations for accountants!
These accredited organizations will help you:
- Gain more skills that will help you get promoted and/or become highly employable
- Earn Continuing Professional Development (CPD) units — you’ll need this to renew your PRC license!
- Expand your network
Having said all these, we encourage you to join this PRC-accredited organization for CPAs: Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
How to Maintain and Renew Your PRC License
Please do not forget that your PRC license has an expiry date; you will have to renew it regularly so you can legally practice your profession here in the Philippines.
More importantly, your PRC license might one day be all you need to be able to work in neighboring ASEAN countries!
So make sure to maintain and renew your PRC ID regularly.
Instructions on How to Renew Your PRC ID Online
You may renew your PRC license by creating an account and/or logging into https://online.prc.gov.ph.
To make it even easier for you, click here to see a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to renew your PRC license online.
Requirements for Renewing Your PRC License
In order to renew your PRC license, please find below the basic requirements:
- One (1) passport size picture in white background with name tag.
- Payment of renewal fee. The cost of renewal fees are as follows:
- For professions requiring baccalaureate degrees: PHP 450.00 for three (3) years.
- For professions requiring non-baccalaureate degrees: PHP 420.00 for three (3) years.
- Tip: Do NOT forget to renew on time because there is a fee for late PRC ID renewals! A fee of PHP 30.00 (for baccalaureate degree holders) and PHP 28.00 (for non-baccalaureate degree holders) will be levied if you renew your license at least twenty (20) days after your birth month.
- If renewal will be done via an authorized representative, he/she must present a letter of authority.
- Lastly, please do not forget that your profession may require you to earn CPD units to be able to renew your license. Click here to see a list of accredited CPD Program Providers.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Board Exam Results (Oct 2019)
Last but not least, on this section, you will find the number of CPA Board Exam passers, its topnotchers, the best performing school, and the actual list of exam passers.
You’ll finally find out below if you passed this licensure exam!
Number of Oct 2019 CPA Board Exam Passers
Out of all the exam takers, how many passed this licensure exam? See the numbers below:
- The number of examinees who passed the CPA Board Exam is still being finalized by the PRC. Please check back here daily for updates!
Topnotchers of Oct 2019 CPA Board Exam
Who are the Top 10 Passers (or more commonly known as topnotchers) of this board exam? Are YOU one of the topnotchers?
Find out below:
- The list of Oct 2019 CPA Board Exam Topnotchers is still being finalized by the PRC. Please check back here daily for updates!
Best Performing School in the Oct 2019 CPA Board Exam
Which school achieved the highest percentage of passers for this board exam? Is it your school?
The best performing school in this board exam is…
- The best performing school in the Oct 2019 CPA Board Exam is still being finalized by the PRC. Please check back here daily for updates!
Oct 2019 CPA Board Exam List of Passers
If you want to see all the names of those who passed this licensure exam, please find below the full list of passers for the Oct 2019 CPA Board Exam.
Please note that this is arranged by alphabetical order of all examinees’ last name.
We sincerely hope you find your name in the corresponding list below. Good luck — and advanced congratulations!
Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Board Exam Results
October 2019 Board Exam
Released on October 2019
- To be announced soon!
Get Updates about Your Board Exam
We post updates as soon as they are made available by the PRC! If you find that the results are not yet available — and for you to be immediately updated about the CPA board exam results, announcements, and other news — make sure to: