If you will be taking the May 2019 Civil Engineering Board Exam, please find below your PRC Room Assignments and designated testing centers for the following locations:
- Cagayan de Oro (CDO)
These exam venues were released by the organization authorized to administer all licensure exams in the Philippines, the Professional Regulation Commission or PRC.
You can find them by scrolling towards the bottom of this page. But please note: If you find that the Civil Engineering Room Assignments are not yet viewable, make sure to view this page daily and to bookmark it so you’ll be the first to know once updates to this page, especially with regards to your designated testing center, have been published!
Aside from your board exam room assignments, you will also find on this page the requirements to be able to take your exam, its syllabus or coverage, and best of all, exam tips so you can pass!
Thus, don’t forget to read all of the information and tips we’ve prepared for you here. Each piece of information here will surely help you pass the May 2019 Civil Engineering Board Exam so you can soon become a licensed Civil Engineer!
Table of Contents
Get Updates about Your Civil Engineering Room Assignments
We publish updates as soon as they are released by the PRC! To be updated about the Civil Engineering board exam room assignments, exam results, and other announcements, make sure to:
- Regularly visit the Philippine Board Exam website
- Like the Philippine Board Exam Results Facebook page:
Date and Time of the Civil Engineering Board Exam
The May 2019 Civil Engineering Board Exam will be held on May 5-6, 2019.
It will start at 7 A.M. on the first day and end at 1 P.M on the last day.
Despite this start time, please note that you are required to be in your designated PRC room assignment at an earlier time. You can see this and all the licensure exam requirements below.
Civil Engineering Board Exam Requirements
1. Do not be late. Late examinees will NOT be admitted. On the first day of your Board Exam, examinees should be at the testing venue by 6:30 a.m.
2. Make sure to read and follow all the instructions in your Examinee’s Kit and Notice of Admission (NOA).
What You are Allowed to Bring
You must remember to bring these items with you on the day/s of your licensure exam:
- Notice of Admission (NOA)
- Official Receipt
- Two (2) or more Pencils (No. 2)
- Black ballpens (black ink only)
- One (1) metered-stamped window mailing envelope
- One (1) long, transparent plastic envelope (for safekeeping of valuables)
- One (1) Long-size brown envelope
- Non-programmable calculators
What You are NOT Allowed to Bring
Make sure that you do NOT bring the following items as they are prohibited in the exam premises:
- Bags of any kind (shoulder bag, handbag, backpack, etc.)
- Programmable calculators
- Cellphones, smart watches, portable computers, and other electronic gadgets which can be used for communication
- Books, notes, review materials or any printed materials containing formula, information, helpful tools, etc.
- Other examination aides not stated here
Bringing any of these items can serve as grounds for exam disqualification!
Dress Code for your Board Exam
Please keep in mind that there is a required Dress Code that you must follow on the day/s of your exam.
The Dress Code is as follows:
- For Males – White polo shirt with collar (without any seal, logo, or mark), decent pants or slacks
- For Females –White blouse or shirt with collar (without any seal, logo, or mark), decent slacks or skirt
Skills and Competencies
A graduate of the Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering program must have attained the following skills and competencies:
- Technical Skills: Capability to apply mathematical formulas and principles, design techniques, methods and the technology involved in his/her work
- Critical Thinking: Ability to identify the most reasonable and effective solution to problems and to resolve issues before they can become problems
- Effective Communication: Ability to explain ideas and plans clearly with clients and with either technical or non-technical personnel involved in the project.
- Leadership Skills: Ability to lead a diverse group of professionals to complete the various aspects of the project on time and on budget.
As these are the skills and competencies of that are expected of Civil Engineers, make sure you possess these because in one way or another, they will mostly likely show up in your licensure exam!
Civil Engineering Board Exam Coverage
Speaking of topics that will show up in your board exam, you must keep in mind that your exam will cover all of the following major topics and subjects:
- Mathematics, Surveying, and Transportation Engineering
- Hydraulics and Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Engineering and Construction
As the exam is divided into sections made up of each major subject above, don’t forget to set aside time to study all these — and each and every subtopic within these subjects!
Tips and Best Practices: How to Pass the Civil Engineering Board Exam
Now that you know what you must study for your licensure exam, you must be asking yourself these questions:
What is the best and most effective way to study all these exam topics?
How can I increase my chances of passing the board exam?
No need to worry because on this section, we will share with you the top tips and best practices on how you can pass your board exam!
We have divided them into two (2) sections, namely:
- Before the exam (how to effectively study); and
- On the day of the exam
Most of these came from actual board exam passers who have experienced what you are (and will be) going through as your exam date draws near. So make sure you read and implement them so you can increase your chances of passing the exam!
Study Tips for the Civil Engineering Board Exam
1. First and foremost: Study smarter not harder.
What does this mean exactly? And more importantly, how can you truly “study smarter” and not harder?
Here are additional information about this useful tip: 6 Study Tips So You’ll Pass the Board Exam. In this article, six (6) ways were identified in order for an examinee to be able to study harder, namely:
- Spaced Practice (Do NOT cram)
- Interleaving (Switch between topics)
- Elaboration (Understand how topics connect with each other)
- Concrete Examples (Use examples for better understanding)
- Dual Coding (Use verbal and visual learning materials)
- Retrieval Practice (Try to remember what you just studied)
If you implement these study tips as you prepare for the Civil Engineering Board Exam, you will surely fare better and get a higher score!
So, if you want to understand these study techniques better — and to be able to watch a video explaining them! — make sure to click: 6 Study Tips So You’ll Pass the Board Exam
2. Our second source comes from Knowledge Plus, where they share not just study tips but also MISTAKES that examinees commit when trying to study!
In their article, they highlight 10 mistakes that you should avoid as well as 10 techniques to be able to correct those mistakes and study better.
Some of these mistakes involve:
- Assuming that learning is fast
- Believing that multitasking is easy, especially during class or studying
- Relying too much on your instructors to prepare you
Some of the study tips, on the other hand, are:
- Discover your learning style
- Start a study group
- Get enough sleep
If you are interested to learn what these mistakes and study techniques are, click: How to Study for Boards: Avoid these 10 Common Mistakes PLUS 10 Tips and Strategies
Preparation Tips Before and During the Exam
Ironically enough, our best tip to enable you to be in the best condition on the day of your exam is one that should be implemented days before your exam.
That tip is: Make sure that you actually visit your exam venue and PRC room assignment DAYS BEFORE your exam date.
This is so you can be 100% sure where and how to go to your designated exam venue.
Doing this enables you to:
- Avoid being late (or lost!) on the day of your exam
- Estimate the number of hours or minutes it will take to get to your testing center
- See how bad traffic is on the way to your exam venue
- Experience multiple routes so you can see which one is best to take
- Attain peace of mind, knowing that you already know the best and fastest way to reach your PRC room assignment on the day of your exam
Given how horrible and unpredictable traffic is these days, you must do this, especially since you are required to be at your exam venue by 6:30 AM.
Remember, being late can serve as grounds for exam disqualification. So don’t let all your hard work studying go to waste. Make sure to visit your room assignment beforehand!
Civil Engineering Room Assignment: May 2019 Board Exam
Now that you are aware of all the requirements, guidelines, and tips to pass, please find below your May 2019 Civil Engineering Room Assignment.
(When viewing the PDF file of your exam venue below, please make sure that it has been downloaded completely. If the PDF file fails to load, just refresh this page.)
MANILA – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the Civil Engineering board exam in Manila.
BAGUIO – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the Civil Engineering board exam in Baguio City.
CAGAYAN DE ORO (CDO) – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the Civil Engineering board exam in Cagayan de Oro.
CEBU – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the Civil Engineering board exam in Cebu City.
DAVAO – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the Civil Engineering board exam in Davao.
ILOILO – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the Civil Engineering board exam in Iloilo City.
LEGAZPI – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the Civil Engineering board exam in Legazpi City.
LUCENA – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the Civil Engineering board exam in Lucena City.
PAGADIAN – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the Civil Engineering board exam in Pagadian City.
TACLOBAN – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the Civil Engineering board exam in Tacloban.
TUGUEGARAO – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the Civil Engineering board exam in Tuguegarao.
ZAMBOANGA – Now Released!
View your Room Assignment below if you’re taking the Civil Engineering board exam in Zamboanga.
- Link: Zamboanga Civil Engineer Board Exam room assignment from PRC website
Get Updates about Your Civil Engineering Room Assignment
If you find that the May 2019 Civil Engineering Board Exam Room Assignments are not yet available, don’t fret; it simply means that the PRC is not yet ready to publish them. So just check back here daily to see if they have finalized it already.
More importantly, we publish updates as soon as they are released by the PRC! To be updated about the Civil Engineering board exam room assignments, exam results, and other announcements, make sure to: